As you'll read below, the highlights of 2016 have been numerous and we're so grateful for the opportunity to continue to advance innovative projects that push the boundaries in multi-family housing and community development. Thanks to all of our amazing partners and we look forward an equally exciting and productive 2017!
- On time and on budget, Mosaic wrapped up this fall. As of this writing, the 42 market rate condominiums are sold, the 60 affordable rentals are nearly full, and the 43 affordable condominium sales will wrap up in 2017. The project has been a tremendous success and most importantly will provide affordable housing near jobs and transit in Boston's Longwood Medical Area.
- J.M. Lofts in Haverhill, completed construction in the summer and was an instant hit. It's 18 one and two-bedroom lofts were leased at record setting rents in Haverhill, and the retail is fully leased with some of the most innovative businesses in Haverhill: Battle Grounds Coffee, K Modern Furnishings, and another new, but well known Haverhill business that is already expanding.
- Also in Haverhill, we just completed this month the permitting for 87 Washington Street, just down the street from J.M. Lofts. We're proposing 24 loft apartments with 3,000 square feet of retail. We're excited to build on the momentum happening in Haverhill.
- We began a partnership with Southwest Boston CDC around the Residences at Fairmount Station, a 27 unit affordable rental building directly adjacent to the Fairmount commuter rail stop. The project, was awarded the necessary funds to move forward with construction in 2017 and we are proud to be associated with the first affordable housing to be built in Hyde Park in more than two decades.
- Cable Mills completed construction in late Spring with the demand for loft apartments in Williamstown off the charts. After years of collaborative efforts to make this project happen, seeing a full building with kids and families playing by the river is one of the major highlights of 2016.
- Given the success of Cable Mills, we've been collaborating with Merge Architects planning the River Houses at Cable Mills, our for-sale option in spectacular new construction homes along the Green River.
- One of the best parts of our work is teaming up with amazing non-profits to help them advance their real estate objectives. We've expanded our work with Roxbury Tenants of Harvard and Asian Community Development Corp while working for the first time with Allston Brighton CDC and Youth Enrichment Services (YES!).
- While we completed our last development project in Chelsea in 2015, we couldn't stay away for long. In the spring of this year we purchased 466 Broadway right in the center of Bellingham Square. An all affordable, historic building with ground floor retail, we're undertaking repairs to improve the resident's quality of life and planning for the future of this great building in a great city that we love.
- And last but not least, we've welcomed Dave Danker to the team this year as an Asset Manager as we continue to operate and always improve our growing portfolio.